12 May, 2016

Purple Patch

Thinking that Spring had past me by, I paid another visit to the patch this morning. With very little moving offshore I put the scope away and walked down bread Lane and up to the old camp site.  What made be turn round at the end of the track I will never no, but as I did I caught the sight of a male Golden Oriole flying into the tree tops at Kents Cottages, moving through the trees high in the canopy until lost to view. Spent the next hour looking with no joy, but made my morning.

Golden Oriole - 1 stunning male Kents Cottages
Hobby - 2 Over the Mill
Red Kite - 3
Buzzard - 3
Kestrel - 2
Cuckoo - 1  Over Ath Cottage
Yellow Wagtail - 2
Lesser Whitethroat - 2
Stonechat - 2
Spotted Flycatcher - 1 Baliffscourt
Whitethroat - 17
Blackcap - 7
Willow Warbler - 5
Chiffchaff - 6
Reed Warbler - 3
Reed Bunting - 3
Great-spotted Woodpecker - 1
Jay - 1
Swallow - 32
Little Egret - 1E
Sandwich Tern - 9E 5W
Common Tern - 13 on beach
Great-crested Grebe - 5 on sea
Red-breasted Merganser - 2 on sea
Mediterranean Gull - 2 on sea
Whimbrel - 2W
Cormorant - 6E 1W
Oystercatcher - 6E 7W

Stonechat



Red Kite